Thursday, August 12, 2010

Symptoms of the Colorectal Colon Cancer and the Hemoccult Test

Colorectal cancer - cancer of the colon or the rectum is the second most common cancer in America. It is one of the deadliest of cancers and accounts for 20% of all the cancer deaths. As much as 50% of those who are diagnosed with colorectal cancer will eventually die as per the latest medical statistics. One main reason for such a high mortality is due to the fact that the majority of colorectal cancer cases are detected at a very late stage. If detected early the mortality due this disease is entirely preventable.

Colon CancerOne early symptom of this type of cancer is traces of blood on the surface of or mixed in the stools. This can be easily detected with laboratory testing if not visually clear. In some cases there may be pain or tenderness in the abdomen. But in most cases there will be no symptoms of colorectal cancer until the tumor grows big enough to cause obstruction or rupture of the intestine. At this stage aggressive form of treatment like surgery have to be resorted to.

In order to detect colorectal cancer early many doctors advise Hemoccult test. In this test sample of the stool is applied to a card and to which a solution of plant gum is added. The presence of hemoglobin is detected by the color change. Hemoccult test is most reliable and a simple non invasive test to detect colorectal cancer. Sometimes this test may yield false positive result if the person had recently consumed fresh fruits, vegetables, iron tablets, red meat, aspirin or vitamin c supplements. Moreover even if blood traces are found it does not always mean that the person has colorectal cancer. In fact Nation Cancer Institute states that less than 10% all positive finding with this type of test actually indicated colorectal cancer. A positive finding with the hemoccult test warrants further investigation with tests like sigmoidoscopy.

Prevent Colorectal Cancer
http://www.turmeric-cancer.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andy_Kahn

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

  1. Many are feared by its symptoms. I recommend that, try early check up. Get recovered fast.

    Houston colon and rectal research

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.
    BEST INFORMATION ABOUT COLON CANCER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prevent this cancer from coming by doing some alternative cancer treatments for yourself. Thanks for the additional knowledge that you have given us. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorectal cancers normally start as benign polyps that soon develop into cancers. Fortunately, colon cancer is easily detected and has great potentials for removal if diagnosed at an early stage.

    wobenzym reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colon cancer is, as its name suggests, a disease that affects the colon. The colon is a tube shaped organ, located in the abdomen, that starts at the end of the bowel
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colon Cancer Symptoms Searching for Colon Cancer Symptoms & Cancer Treatment? Find Info and Browse Results for surgical oncology, surgical oncology, what is surgical oncology, gynecologic surgical oncology."/>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 55-year-old from Korean, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below, Cancer, HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Hepatitis, Chronic Illness. Lupus,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to share with you all on how Dr Itua saves my life with his powerful Herbal medicines, I was diagnosed of Oral/Ovarian Cancer which i suffered from for 5 years with no positive treatment until when My son came to me in the hospital when i was laying down on my dying bed waiting for god to call out my name to join him in heaven.
    My son was so excited that very day he came across Dr Itua on Blogspot, we decided to give him a try although we Americans are so scared to trust Africans but i really have no choice that time to choose life in between so we gave a try to Dr Itua Herbal medicines, god wiling he was a good man with a god gift. Dr Itua send us the herbal medicine it was three bottles. I take it for three weeks instructor and this herbal medicines heal me, cure my Oral/Ovarian Cancer completely I have been living for 9 months now with healthy life no more symptoms.
    I'm sponsoring Dr Itua in LA Advert on Cancer patent seminar which my son will be participating too and other patent Dr Itua has cured from all kind of human disease, also if you are sick from disease like,Epilepsy,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,​Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Brain cancer,Hiv,. Vaginal cancer,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,​Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    ​Esophageal cancer,​Gallbladder cancer,,Bladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,​Hodgkin lymphoma
    ​Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,​Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,​Oral cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach cancer
    ​Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis,​Vulvar cancer,Ovarian cancer,,​Sinus cancer, Here Is The Wonderful Healer Contact. Name_ Doctor Itua, Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, Phone/WhatsApp: +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete